Recommended Researched-Based Prevention Programs:
- Be Safe At Last
- Bravehearts (Australia)
- CAP Child Assault Prevention
- Child Lures Prevention
- Committee for Children
- Commit to Kids (Canada)
- Kids in the Know
- Monique Burr Foundation Child Safety Matters
- Parent/Child Curriculum – Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center
- RAD Kids
- Sunflower House Personal Body Safety (Spanish included) Adult Prevention Education
- Darkness To Light
Resources For Help:
- National Children’s Alliance -Why is the Children’s Advocacy Center model so important? How does it make a difference for child victims of abuse? At its core, the model is about teamwork – bringing the agency professionals involved in a case together on the front end – and about putting the needs of the child victim first. So rather than having a child taken from agency to agency throughout the law enforcement and child protection systems, and having to endure multiple, sequential interviews, the CAC model brings the system to the child, and brings the agency professionals together to work in a collaborative approach that results in effective, efficient and child-centered casework.
- Darkness to Light – The ultimate mission of D2L, to end child sexual abuse, can only be accomplished by sharing the solution of prevention, awareness and education with more and more people. This, in turn, builds momentum and over time, changes the way our nation and culture cares for, protects, and nurtures our children. Being an active participant in the mission to end childhood sexual abuse is one of the most rewarding things we will ever do – and we cannot do it without you. We believe that learning the facts about child sexual abuse helps prevent it. Talking about it helps prevent it. Getting involved helps prevent it. The truth is, if child sexual abuse can be prevented, it can be stopped. That’s why D2L exists – to empower adults through awareness and educational programs to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- Stop It Now! – Stop It Now! was founded on the belief that adults are in the best position to keep children safe from sexual abuse. By adults, we mean parents, survivors, family members, law enforcement, and professionals of all types. We also believe that people who might sexually abuse a child have an important role to play in prevention. No other prevention program has ever directly challenged all adults to take full responsibility for ending sexual abuse.
- PAVE – Promoting Awareness, Victim Empowerment (PAVE) is a multi-chapter national 501c3 nonprofit organization that uses education and action to shatter the silence of sexual violence through targeted social, educational and legislative tactics.
9. I Said NO!